Local case (jatys septik) Kazakh language indicates the position of people, objects and events in space and time. Local case (jatys septik) answers questions kimde? kimderde? (who?), nede? nelerde? (what?), qaıda? (where?) qashan? (when?).
Question qaıda? can translates as where? and to conform to the shape of the Directional-dative (barys septik) Kazakh nouns.
|Raýshan dáris-ta otyr||Raushan sitting at the lecture||қайда?|
|Men anam-da||I’m at my mother’s house||кімде?|
|Súıek tamaq-ta||A bone in the throat||неде?|
|Bul keleshek-te bolady||This will happen in the future||қашан?|
Noun in the local case (jatys septik) accept the following endings -da (-de), -ta (-te), -nda (-nde):
- After voiced vowels-a, -á, -e, -ı, -y, -i (except -y and -і in the cases of the 3rd person form), voiced consonants -j, -z or sonorants -ı, -l, -m, -n, -ń, -r, -ý, then added to it the following endings: da/-de.
Qazaq English Aman-da bılet bar Aman has the ticket Sen jaz-da bar Go in the summer Sálim-de kitap jok Salem doesn’t have a book Nan dúken-de The bread in the store
- If the final sound of word voiceless consonant-k, -q, -p, -s, -t, -sh or ends with a voiced consonant -b, -v, -g, -ǵ, -d, then added to it the following endings -ta/-te.
Qazaq English Maksut-ta eki bala bar Maksut have two children Ol oryndyq-ta otyr He/She sits on the chair Ol kereýet-te jatyr He/She lies on the bed Kenes-te bir bala Kenes has one child
- In cases of possessive forms of the third person with affixes -y/-i, -sy/-si after a root word, add the endings -nda/-nde.
Qazaq English Aısha áke-si-nde týrady Aisha lives with his father Kitap Balymnyń ini-si-nde Balym’s younger brother has the book Tek qana kompúter onyń bas-y-nda! Only the computer in his/her head! Eki saıt Asqardyń aǵa-sy-nda Askar’s older brother has two websites
In the Kazakh language local case (jatys septik) means:
- The location of a person or item:
Qazaq English Samarhan Moskva-da týrady Samaran lives in Moscow Kıimder shkaf-ta ilýli tur Clothes hanging in the closet Aqsha Serǵazy-da Money from Sergazy Kilem eden-de jatyr The carpet lies on the floor
- The duration and condition of the subject:
Qazaq English Jaz-da aýylǵa baramyz In the summer we’ll go to the village Kesh-te teatrda bolamyz We’ll be at the theater tonight Asqar tún-de úshady Askar leaves at night Leksıa toǵyz-da bastalady The lecture starts at nine
- The age of the person:
Qazaq English Volodá jıyrma-da Volodya is twenty years old Natasha on segiz-de Natasha is eighteen years old Abaı elý bir-de Abay is fifty one years old Talǵat on bes-te Talgat is fifteen years old
[ddownload id=”2930″ text=”Нажмите эту кнопку, чтобы скачать книгу со всеми падежами казахского языка”]